SageWater, Hawaii’s leading pipe replacement contractor, is seeking a Senior Project Manager to oversee interior renovation projects.
SageWater is Hawaii’s pipe replacement expert. We have successfully replaced over 32 million feet of pipe in more than 85,000 occupied residences. For more than 30 years, SageWater has solved complex age-related and defective piping challenges across a variety of property types—from garden-style apartment complexes and high-rise condominiums to hotels and commercial office buildings.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will become part of the company’s Hawaii repipe division overseeing pipe replacement projects at properties located throughout Oahu. This position reports directly to SageWater’s Regional Operations Director for Hawaii, who manages multiple repipe projects simultaneously. As a Senior Project Manager, you will work with additional SageWater project managers to oversee an entire repipe project from end to end.
- Core duties include: construction project management, personnel management of plumbing, drywall and paint crews ranging from 4-12 crew members, technical inspections and troubleshooting, quality control oversight, safety inspections, scheduling, customer communications and other aspects of day to day construction project management.
- Project Managers supervise construction projects from beginning to end, ensuring that projects are completed within time and on budget.
- An understanding of the construction business and the ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- As a project continues, SageWater Project Managers typically confer with supervisors or other managers to monitor construction progress, including worker productivity and compliance with building and safety codes.
- Because they must ensure that a project is completed according to schedule, Project Managers must resolve problems that arise due to resident and/or property manager concerns, inclement weather, emergencies or other issues that may cause delays.
- 10 years of residential or commercial construction experience
- 3-5 years direct management of construction crews and/or subcontractors
- Strong project management and teaming skills
- Experience managing tasks and activities to completion, with limited supervision, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- A positive “no job is too big or too small” attitude
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Basic plumbing knowledge is desired, but not mandatory
- A college degree is preferred, preferably in building science, construction management or civil engineering
- Proficient with basic computing skills including email and Microsoft Office
- Voluntary certification is optional but helpful from organizations such as The American Institute of Constructors and the Construction Management Association of America
- Some knowledge / proficiency with speaking Spanish is helpful
Compensation and Benefits
Starting compensation ranges from $70,000 to $90,000 with a potential for an annual bonus. SageWater is an equal opportunity employer. For additional company details, please visit sagewater.com/hawaii.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.