The SageWater Renew solution is comprised of a proprietary blend of soluble silicates. They have been proven both safe and effective at treating corrosion in public water systems and are endorsed by all of the relevant safety and public water oversight agencies.
- Soluble Silicates are effective, economical and environmentally friendly.
- Silicates have been used by utilities for over 70 years to prevent corrosion.
- They have also been used by the food service industry to refine vegetable oils, process eggs and clarify beer and wine.
- Today, almost all water utilities use one or more anti-corrosive agents, such as Sodium Silicate, and customers find trace amounts at the faucet.
- Silicates are endorsed as direct additives to potable water by the American Water Works Association and the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Our Silicate has been certified to ANSI/NSF Standards 60/61.
- The EPA recommends silicates for corrosion control in the National Primary Drinking Water Regulation.
- The FDA has ruled that Sodium Silicate is not hazardous for ingestion and is safe for human consumption, without limitation.